Industrial Indicators is a U.S. manufacturer of tension indicating SmartBolts® and related tools.
Our products are outfitted with proprietary condition monitoring technologies to improve the reliability and efficiency of industrial bolting operations.
We are proud to foster a corporate culture that emphasizes the importance of safety, quality, productivity, and continuous improvement.
• Ensuring our work environment is safe for every employee and visitor. Safety is about protecting yourself, protecting coworkers, and protecting equipment from injury or damage.
• Proper Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) is to be worn at all times when the factory is operating and will be provided at no cost to the employee or visitor by the company.
• Our company training program has been designed to provide skills that will enable the operator or technician to work safely. It is the employee’s responsibility to maintain understanding and awareness of the safety resources available.
• Maintaining and improving the quality of our products is critical for value to be maintained with customers.
• Our Quality Management System is based on ISO:9001 compliance and every employee has a duty to ensure our system is complete, maintained, and accurate.
• Quality is ensured when we follow successfully demonstrated Standard Operating Procedures.
• Productivity can be a great measure of success, but this is only true if our Safety and Quality requirements have been met.
• True productivity is an expectation within our culture. Maintaining consistent production rates and process cycle times are necessary for our success.
• Maintaining an organized work environment is necessary for every employee to be successful and productive.
• The method by which we develop and evolve our culture is with Continuous Improvement.
• Continuous Improvement enables safer work, higher quality work, and greater productivity.
• Continuous Improvement is a fundamental aspect of Lean Meanufacturing and supports our ability to increase the amount of value we can offer our customers.
Charles Popenoe: Chief Executive Officer
Charles joined Industrial Indicators in 1998 and has presided over the growth of the company to date. He holds a B.S. from University of Maryland, Baltimore County and an MBA from American University Kogod School of Business. Charles began his career with FDIC as a computer networking specialist, serving for 10 years before joining the company founded by his father, Chuck Popenoe.
Christopher Bunai: Chief Technology Officer
Chris joined Industrial Indicators in 2010 and is a graduate of The University of Maryland Clark School of Engineering, where he studied mechanical engineering. Chris designed and built our Gaithersburg manufacturing facility and leads product design and development for Industrial Indicators. He specializes in fasteners, CNC machining, lean manufacturing, and machine design.
Industrial Indicators is currently seeking an Industrial Engineer to help support our growing technology and manufacturing company. The ideal candidate will possess creativity, attention to detail, complex problem solving abilities, strong mechanical, electrical, and computer skills. In addition, the ability to effectively collaborate well with a team is a must. The job duties will begin in manufacturing but will also include expectations to contribute to product design, research and development, and sales engineering. The successful candidate will become an integral part of a close-knit team responsible for many aspects of engineering in an entrepreneurial, continuous improvement environment.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Attention to detail
- A positive attitude and emphasis on continuous improvement
- Basic understanding and exposure to lean manufacturing concepts
- Electro-mechanically Inclined
- Ability to produce quality prototypes
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Strong organizational skills
- Genuine interest in product engineering, manufacturing, and entrepreneurship
- Systems Thinking Ability
- Reliable, dedicated, and self-starting individual
- Bachelors of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering, Industrial/Manufacturing Engineering, or Electrical Engineering
- US citizenship or proper US work authorization
- Reads, writes, and speaks English fluently
- Experience with Computer Aided Design software
- Able to efficiently use Microsoft Office
If you think you are a good fit for this opportunity, please submit a cover letter and resume for consideration. The desired job opportunity start date is January 2019.
Industrial Engineer Job Description:
The Industrial Engineer role is an engineering position responsible for contributing to the successful implementation of many different types of projects in support of Industrial Indicators. The IE is expected to work closely with the business operations team to make sure that projects are completed successfully and on schedule. The position receives direction from and reports to the CTO, Chief Engineer.
1. Product Development Support
a. Product Data Management
i. Data Organization
ii. Data Entry with focus on maintaining data integrity
b. R&D Project Assignments
i. Collaborate with CTO on New Product Development initiatives
c. Computer Aided Design
i. Maintain up to date part drawings
2. Production Process Improvement
a. Manufacturing Performance Metrics
iii. Establish documentation systems of performance metrics
b. Provide strategic contributions to process improvements
c. Self-manage projects to completion
3. Quality System Management
a. Assist in the development of our Quality Management System
i. Ensure Data integrity
ii. Maintain and Improve
b. Provide information system support
c. Contribute to ISO 9001 accreditation efforts
d. Participate in Kaizen activity progress and completion
e. Calibration System collaboration
4. Product Design and Technical Sales Support
a. Preliminary Design Analysis
i. Manufacturing Feasibility Analysis
ii. Production Time and Costing analysis
b. Technical Sales Support where necessary*
i. Customer request evaluations
ii. Technical Question support
iii. *DTI Operations Engineer primarily responsible for DTI product support
$55,000.00 to $70,000.00 /year
Industrial Engineering: 1 year (Preferred)
United States (Preferred)
To apply, send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
End-users benefit from the selective use of qualified Authorized Distributors for local service and support.
Our distributors are selected, trained and authorized based on their ability to support engineered condition-monitoring solutions. All of our distributor partners have a qualified engineering sales force and some have a market specialization.
If you are interested in learning more about becoming an Authorized Distributor, please contact us.